Leading educational institutions rely on AppSense User Environment Management (UEM) technology to reduce IT cost and complexity. School districts, colleges and universities around the world depend on AppSense to deliver the best possible computing experience to their students, faculty, and staff.
AppSense solves common challenges faced by most campus environments. We deliver desktops that adapt to educational institutions’ dynamic needs.
- On-demand desktop and application personalization that is fast and reliable.
- Reduced GPO and script dependence for faster logons and more scalable management.
- Tighter control over system resource usage to prevent individual users or applications from degrading overall user experience.
- Context-aware policies configure key desktop resources like printers, mapped drives, etc. on-the-fly, as needed.
- Increase user density by 40%, sometimes more.
- Enable broader use of lower cost, non-persistent virtual desktops without sacrificing personalization and user experience.
- Tightly control application access to reduce licensing costs.
- Extend lifespan of existing PCs.
- Prevent unknown or unauthorized applications from executing.
- Give faculty, students, and staff the privileges they need to be productive without the security exposure of full administrative rights.
- Protect against malware inadvertently introduced into the system via email or USB drive.
- Eliminate profile corruption and reduce help desk calls to nearly zero.
- Empower students, faculty, and staff with self-service tools.
- Simplify image management.
- Give students, faculty, and staff simple access to on-campus file servers from Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
- Enable users to create ad hoc file shares for secure on-campus and external team collaborations.
AppSense simplifies and accelerates key desktop projects like:
Over 4,000 organizations use AppSense as their
User Environment Management Platform
- Tightened control over physical PCs and Citrix desktops to reduce malware and related re-imaging needs.
- Optimized system performance to increase user density.
- Saved 500+ person-hours annually in profile corruption reductions.
- Reduced hardware costs by extending the useful life of PCs from three to five years.
- Reduced deployment time for custom VDI images for assessment lab by 75 percent.
- Implemented tighter controls over assessment lab desktop images.