AppSense Announces Endpoint Security Suite for Simplified Configuration of Defenses against Ransomware and Malware
AppSense Endpoint Security Suite Provides Advanced Applications Control, Windows 10 Restrictions and Builds a Security Posture with Analysis of User ActivityMay 24, 2016
LAS VEGAS, May 24, 2016 – AppSense, the leading provider of User Environment Management solutions for the secure endpoint, today announced at the annual Citrix Synergy Conference its Endpoint Security Suite with enhanced features for the prevention of Ransomware and Malware attacks. The solution combines new AppSense Application Manager application and privilege control with AppSense Insight for analysis of user activity and security privilege. AppSense Insight additionally provides deep inspection of user experience, virtual desktop performance and security risks at the endpoint.
The Endpoint Security Suite gives enterprises more security and management control over applications running in the Windows 10 operating system. With AppSense Application Manager, IT can now allow the Windows 10 start menu and select Windows 10 system components to run, but can control and block unapproved Universal and Win32 applications. Application Manager can also govern access to the Windows Store and can block the Win 10 Edge browser to restrict the use of unapproved applications and uncontrolled browser activity.
“Windows 10 migration, the growing threat landscape and the Ransomware plague are prompting enterprise IT to take a closer look at endpoint security. The AppSense Endpoint Security Suite combines technologies that intelligently create and enforce policies to mitigate attacks,” said Jon Rolls, Vice President, Product Management, AppSense.
Enterprises are also in great need of more data on user endpoint experience in order to develop the most effective application and privilege control policies. The advanced AppSense Insight solution enables discovery of user activity and behavior using a lightweight agent that requires no reboots or drivers, and can be deployed and removed with zero user disruption. Data is collected in a self-contained virtual appliance that scales to support data gathering from up to 15,000 endpoints, and requires very little ongoing maintenance. With this detail, IT can adjust security policies and gain greater control while being able to drive automated exceptions for a positive effect on user experience.
Additional features in the new Endpoint Security Suite include:
- Custom Rules provide the most flexible targeting on the market, using any combination of run-time desktop environment parameters such as OS version, group membership, device network address range, device type, time of day or even file content.
- Dashboard Home Page provides easy access to key metrics pulled from the Insight database.
- Applications Blocked Report lists applications blocked by Application Manager policies, with extensive trending, filtering and sorting.
- Application Privilege Usage and Local Administrator Reports pinpoint where excessive security privileges are potentially being used, how often and by whom.
- Trend Graphs can now plot changes in a metric over time (day, month, etc).
- Most Recent Data compares results such as the most recent logon time against long-term averages, minimums and maximums.
The AppSense Endpoint Security Suite is available now. It will be showcased in Las Vegas, May 24-26, during Citrix Synergy 2016 at Booth 515G and LANDESK Interchange 16 at Booth 6. For more information or to request a demo, please visit http://www.appsense.com
About AppSense AppSense is the leading provider of User Environment Management solutions for the secure endpoint. The technology allows IT to secure and simplify workspace control at scale across physical, virtual and cloud-delivered desktops. AppSense solutions have been deployed by 3,600 enterprises worldwide to nine million endpoints. AppSense is now a part of the LANDESK family with offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.appsense.com.
Avista Public Relations for AppSense